At the risk of sounding banal. I’ll say again that cream soups are my favorite dishes. I’ll continue to share different recipes for cream soups. That recipe is very easy to prepare it takes around 40 minutes which makes it a very good choice for people who don’t have enough time.
The combination of different spices and flavors makes it so tasty. It’s very strange when you try this amazing soup in your mouth you’ll feel an explosion of different flavors. All these things will make you feel an inner orgasm.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chili, chopped or 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Small pinch of cinnamon
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup of rinsed red lentils
- 1 carrot
- 1 (14 ounces) can of full-fat coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat and add cumin seeds. Fry for about 10 seconds. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the chilies, garlic, and ginger. Fry for another 20 seconds.
- Add the onion and fry until soft and light around 7 minutes. Add chili powder, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cloves, and stir to combine.
- Add red lentils and stock or water, and bring the soup just to a boil, while continuing over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.
- after 20 minutes you can use a blender to make the soup smooth and thick.