This is a delicious recipe that combines a healthy and tasty part in an amazing combination. This recipe I remember from my youth. My mother was preparing it for this main dish with a creamy texture and so tasty tomato sauce over it. A year ago I’ve rediscovered this recipe in a new light, it’s very suitable for my new direction. I modified to be suitable for the Zone diet, I’ve made proportions based on the rules of this food regime. All these changes help me to improve this recipe based on my experience.
I love red bell peppers. Bell peppers in general, really. I like to eat them like apples. They’re so crunchy and delicious.
- 4 PB - 200 gr. cottage cheese
- 5 PB - 200 gr. Bulgarian sheep white cheese
- 3 CB - 6 red peppers
- 1 PB - 1 egg 2 PB
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 CB 400 gr. Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 CB 1 tbsp. - Agave syrup
- 10 FB - 1 tsp olive oil (Cycladi Premium Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Greece) salt on a taste
- 1 tsp. salt
- Total: 8CB, 10PB, and 10 FB. If you want this recipe to be balanced by Zone diet rules, you should add a whole grain bread on every portion.
- Protein Block - PB
- Fat Block - FB
- Carb Block - CB
- heat the pan with olive oil on a high heat
- add finely chopped onion in the pan and saute until become soft and transparent
- add garlic finely chopped for a minute
- add tomatoes and sugar
- wait to start boiling and decrease to medium for 8 minutes.
- In a bowl combine, cottage cheese smashed white cheese and egg
- stir until a homogeneous mixture is obtained and the egg is absorbed
- cut the top part of red peppers and clean
- fill the peppers with the resulting mixture
- The pot is removed from the hotplate to cool.
- Mix the mixture in a blender or blender.
- Arrange red peppers in a tray, cover with red tomatoes sauce and bake in preheated oven on a 200 C for 20-30 minutes, until papers are ready without allowing to become burned out.