Arabian cuisine is one of my favorite cuisines. A few weeks ago I found this recipe, as usual, I’ve started to research which is an authentic one. As usual, I found a different version of this emblematic Arabian recipe. This dish combines amazing spices which are so typical of Arabian cuisine. This cuisine is typically known for its spices because they in a specific way helps to extract all aromas from the dish. Lamb is known for a specific smell which a lot of people don’t like, but all these spices change the meat into a perfect dish. Fatteh is several layers of feasting dish, which can be cooked with a different kind of meat. The meat can be lamb, chicken, veal, and beef. This allows this recipe to be suitable for people with different preferences. The recipe is not so hard to cooking, but you should prepare from being that is not so fast, but the result, in the end, is worth it. I’ll stop because I’ll share with you details for the recipe. Please give your comment. Bon Appetit!
- 400 gr. - lamb shoulder
- 400 gr. - chickpeas
- 400 gr. - Bulgarian/greek yogurt
- 2 onion heads
- 1 tsp. - tomato paste
- 3 - garlic gloves
- 1/4 tsp. - cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. - cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. - coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. - red pepper (hot if you like)
- 70 gr. - pine nuts
- 3 - Arabian pita bread
- 60 ml - olive oil
- 1 tsp. - salt
- cut lamb into small pieces, onion on crescents, finely chop the garlic
- crush the coriander seeds, cinnamon, and cumin in a mortar until well combined
- in well - heated olive oil, fry lamb until becoming a golden color, then add onion and garlic for a two minute.
- add red pepper, tomato paste, cover the meat with water, bring to boil. Cover and cook over low heat for around 1 hour and 40 minutes or until meat is tender.
- add salt, drained chickpeas, and cook for 10 minutes on slow heat.
- bake pine nuts in pine nuts until they become a golden color.
- bake Arabian pita bread for a minute and cut into small triangles.
- Crush the garlic in a mortar with a little salt until it becomes a paste. Add yogurt crushed mint and little olive oil and combine well.
- In a large place put a layer of bread after that meat with sauce little yogurt sauce. Add the second layer of bread, meat with sauce and yogurt, and finish with baked pine nuts.