The meat can be lamb, chicken, veal, and beef. This allows this recipe to be suitable for people with different preferences.
The recipe is not so hard to cook, but you should prepare from being that is not so fast, but the result, in the end, is worth it.
I’ll stop because I’ll share with you details for the recipe.
Please give your comments.
- 400 gr. - lamb shoulder
- 400 gr. - chickpeas
- 400 gr. - Bulgarian/greek yogurt
- 2 onion heads
- 1 tsp. - tomato paste
- 3 - garlic gloves
- 1/4 tsp. - cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. - cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. - coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. - red pepper (hot if you like)
- 70 gr. - pine nuts
- 3 - Arabian pita bread
- 60 ml - olive oil
- 1 tsp. - salt
- cut lamb into small pieces, onion on crescents, finely chop the garlic
- crush the coriander seeds, cinnamon, and cumin in a mortar until well combined
- in well - heated olive oil, fry lamb until becoming a golden color, then add onion and garlic for a two minute.
- add red pepper, tomato paste, cover the meat with water, bring to boil. Cover and cook over low heat for around 1 hour and 40 minutes or until meat is tender.
- add salt, drained chickpeas, and cook for 10 minutes on slow heat.
- bake pine nuts in pine nuts until they become a golden color.
- bake Arabian pita bread for a minute and cut into small triangles.
- Crush the garlic in a mortar with a little salt until it becomes a paste. Add yogurt crushed mint and little olive oil and combine well.
- In a large place put a layer of bread after that meat with sauce little yogurt sauce. Add the second layer of bread, meat with sauce and yogurt, and finish with baked pine nuts.