For a long time I was looking for a different and atypical cream soup, and one day while I was browsing in internet I found this recipe. On first glamp it was looking strange while I was reading how much garlic containst the recipe, but my explorer’s soul whispeared me try it, try it. Guided by my six sence I’ve decied to try it and that descion was right.
When I’ve tried for the first time the result of my experiment I felt very strong flavour of rosted garlic which has transformed in deep and amazing fragrance of different flavour which combination were combined very well.
I will not hide from you that the soup it’s strange, but let you give a chance to eat several spoons.
Peace and happiness, begin, geographically, where garlic is used in cooking.
- 4 whole heads of garlic, unpeeled
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 g yellow cheese spread
- 1 tbsp - lemon juice
- 1 tsp - sea salt and black pepper
- Place unpeeled garlic cloves on a baking sheet, pour olive oil. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 min at 200°C.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil, add the onion. Cook until soft and transparent. Add the potato, thyme, turmeric, and cumin, simmer for 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and bring the soup just to a boil, while continuing over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- When the garlic is ready, squeeze with fingers to release the garlic peel. Add the roasted garlic to the soup and simmer for 5 minutes more. Season with salt.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and cheese spread. Puree the soup until smooth.