I tried this recipe for the first time when I was 10 years old, my grandfather Andon prepared it for us. When I first tried it I was 10 years old boy. I liked it so much that I have licked my fingers, it was so delicious. For years after that I had not eaten rabbit. Pretty soon I was in the supermarket searching for frozen rabbit. I tried several versions until I found mine. Rabbit meat is very dry so the combination with a sauce helps a lot to make this meat so tasty.
The first step in making rabbit stew is catching the rabbit.
- 1 - 1.4 kg. - Rabbit legs
- 200 gr. - canned peeled tomatoes
- 2 - head onions
- 250 gr. - celery
- 2 - heads Garlic
- 200 ml. - Dry red wine
- 300 ml - vegetable broth or water
- 3 - carrots
- 250 gr. - dried prunes
- 1 tbsp. - red Paprika
- 2 leaves - bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. - Flour
- 2 tbsp. - sunflower oil
- 2 tsp. - Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp. - white Sugar
- Cut the rabbit in pieces, oven meat with flour, sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Fry the meat on each side for about 3-5 minutes with 2 tablespoons oil until the meat becomes golden in color and is sealed. When it is ready, place it on paper towels to drain from the oil.
- Keep the oil where you fry the meat, add the onions, carrots chopped in small pieces, celery. Add the pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes, don't frying more because it will give a bitter taste.
- In a deep stew, dish arranges the meat, tomatoes, fried onions, carrots, wine, garlic, plums, spices, broth, and remaining oil.
- Place the lid of the stew pot and place in a cold oven stew and bake on a maximum oven as soon as you boil down on 160 C degrees to be cook for 2 hours. Do not put in a hot oven as there is a chance to crack the pot.
The rabbit stew is ready. Enjoy!
Look what I've used
- Natural Terracotta Deep Dish with Lid